Cherry Feta Salad
Download a print ready version of this recipe.
1 small shallot, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. water
2-3 sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped (about 1 tsp.)
Salt and freshly ground
1/4 pound pancetta (about 1/2-inch thick slice), diced
6 cups mache (3.5 oz.), rinsed and thoroughly dried
1/2 pound California Bing cherries (about 2 cups), rinsed, pitted and quartered
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced or shaved
4 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup hazelnuts or almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Mix the shallot and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, then the water. Add the mint;
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the pancetta in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring on occasion, until crisp, 5-8 minutes.
- Combine the mache, cherries, fennel, and warm pancetta in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Divide between plates and scatter each salad with goat cheese and nuts, if using.