Chocolate-Dipped Cherry Treats
1 to 2 pounds fresh California Bing cherries
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat chocolate over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon until melted, about five minutes. Note: Use a double boiler. Or fill a saucepan half full with water and place chocolate in a small, deep heatproof bowl that fits snugly on the saucepan, but does not touch the water.
- Wash cherries with stems on and let dry.
Optional pitting instructions: Using a cherry pitting device, carefully remove the pit going through the cherry cross-ways rather than from top to bottom. This will allow the stem to remain intact. The hole in the middle of the cherry will be covered with chocolate when dipped.
- Carefully pick cherries up by the stem and dip just over half-way into the melted chocolate.
Let excess chocolate drip back into the pan or bowl.
- Place on aluminum-lined cookie sheet and set in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set,
about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.