Bing Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
8 ounces butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup milk
1 1/3 cups pitted cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes, until fluffy and light.
- Slowly beat in the eggs. In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
- Add this to the egg mixture along with the milk and mix just long enough to blend the ingredients, no more than 20 seconds.
- Fold in the halved cherries, no more than another 10 seconds.
- Let rest 10 minutes, then fill greased muffin cups to the brim with the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 10 minutes before unmolding.