Bing Cherry Lemonade
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pound fresh Bing cherries, washed & pitted (about 2 cups)
1 cup fresh lemon juice
6 cups cold water
Mint sprigs for garnish
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot until sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup Bing cherries, bring to a boil and boil until the cherries begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Strain cooled Bing cherry syrup into a large pitcher, pressing on the cherries to release their juice.
- Add lemon juice and cold water. Stir in remaining cherries.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint.